Tomorrow

This is my blog. There are many like it, but this one is mine. I am a wife, mother of three, and friend to many. Remember: There is always Tomorrow.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

SHELBY MARIE

Okay, we did it. We finally caved in and got our kids a dog. Almost everyone knows that I've always been against this and have never been very keen to dogs. But when the hamster dies, you are forced to face the consequences. The ones where you told your kids that when either the hamster or cat dies we can get a new pet. Not really thinking that the time would come so soon. I always hated the hamster and always secretly wanted it to die, but why did it have to die so soon. Well of course as soon as the hamster died, the dog talk began. We said what the heck. We looked in the paper and bought a golden retriever puppy right after Thanksgiving weekend. Art named her Shelby. The first few days were rough, but she is turning out to be a great dog. Don't get me wrong. It wasn't and impulse buy. I did lots of research to find out what dog is best for kids and good all around and goldens get a five star rating. Now I could forgo the occasional pee on my carpet (thank goodness we haven't replaced it) and the hyperness of a new puppy, but I actually love her and miss her when I'm at work. She is so good and follows directions real well. She hasn't chewed anything up yet and is trying real hard on the potty training. We start puppy classes next week and I'm looking forward to that, because we want her good and trained so we can take her with to Disneyworld in March.

4 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger NLPRacing said...

I have to admit, I do like the dog. Even after all the crap I talked about not wanting a "damn dog", I'm glad we got her.

 
At 4:59 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Marie said...

I love Shelby, I was going to try to take her home with me. (joking) I am glad that ya'll caved in. Now I just need a way to to get my husband to cave and get me a dog.:)
But I do have a question, since when do dogs have middle names?

 
At 7:34 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger SunnyMcBunny said...

Isn't she the cutest! She was going to be just Shelby Anderson, but when I registered her with the AKC there was already a Shelby Anderson. So I got creative and gave her a middle name (after her Auntie Marie of course).

 
At 9:22 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Krit said...

That is an awesome story, didn't know that was your engagement story- too sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home