Tomorrow

This is my blog. There are many like it, but this one is mine. I am a wife, mother of three, and friend to many. Remember: There is always Tomorrow.

Monday, September 12, 2005

BIRTHDAYS


School has started and so have the birthdays. Yet I have never had so much trouble getting out invitations until this year. My turtle has made lots of new friends and basically is wanting to invite his entire class except a couple of the "bad" kids. Unfortunately our school has many many many rules on birthdays. Just a couple are...

School Rules:
  • We do not celebrate individual birthdays with cupcakes, favors, etc. Please do not bring any to class.
  • Students and parents are not allowed to hand out personal invitations at school to classmates.

Uhhhh.... how do I let his classmates know they are invited. The school directory has yet to be published. Before I had read the rules (I know I signed something stating I read them on parent orientation night, but who really reads them anyways), I had handed out a few to parents in the cafeteria after school and some to the older siblings who picked up their brother/sisters to give them to their parents. Well I got in trouble indirectly. One of the co-teachers told turtle the next day that his mommy and him are not allowed to hand out invitations at school. Ooops. He also got a copy of the rules in his folder sent home for me to peruse. Bad mommy.

So I went to the head teacher and she said others were in the same predicament as I and she would send home a letter for each parent to sign to allow their addresses/phone numbers released for birthdays. I've only got a few back, but not from turtle's closest friends. So I had to explain to him that some of his friends might not be able to attend because we can't get the invitations to them. Poor little guy. So sad. Anyone else having problems with "school rules"?

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Krit said...

Why don't you write down your number and give it to the other parents. Ask them to call you. Then tell them about the party? What do you think?

 
At 6:21 AM, September 13, 2005, Blogger NLPRacing said...

That is so weird. I like Kristy's idea, tell Gage to give each of the kids a little piece of paper with our number on it and tell them to have their parents call you.

 
At 12:13 PM, September 13, 2005, Blogger SunnyMcBunny said...

The problem is that I never see many of the parents in the morning or afternoon. A lot of the kids get taken to and picked up by a daycare. And I know if any teacher or other parent saw me give something to a kid like a phone number, they might think that I'm doing something bad. It's crazy times these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home