Tomorrow

This is my blog. There are many like it, but this one is mine. I am a wife, mother of three, and friend to many. Remember: There is always Tomorrow.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

GADGETS

What is up with guys and gadgets? They are so obsessed with them and sometimes I think it really turns them on. Don't get me wrong... I love how they make life so much more convenient, but I don't always see the necessity in them (gadgets not guys, well maybe guys too sometimes). For instance, my McHubby just bought a countertop dishwasher for our motorhome. We just got it in today and by no means is it compact, it is huge! And it doesn't really take all that long to wash the dishes in the motorhome, but he was insistent on this. Watching him open the box tonight was like watching a child open presents on Christmas morning. The glee in his eyes and smile from ear to ear. "Isn't this the coolest thing ever" he says. Of course I've heard that familiar phrase before with all the gadgets he has every bought (the Sirius satellite radio, vitamix, shopvac, I could go on and on and on). I'm always getting emails from him about eBay items that he wants. I know I'm not the only wife who has a hubby with gadget fever (just like DuckMate and his geochron envy). If they see one they want it, once they have it they want something else. It never ends. They are never satisfied. Is there a cure for this? Any over the counter meds that can be given? Please help!

6 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Krit said...

It never ends but I suppose we all have our interests? You're right though- NLP does get boyish about it. But how awesome is that? I love gettin' all girlish. Gotta keep in touch with that side of yourself.

If these things/purchases start impacting the budget too much- that's another issue. But besides that, try to understand- boys will be boys, and they will always have their toys.

 
At 7:54 AM, August 23, 2005, Blogger NLPRacing said...

Just wait until I get the other stuff for the motorhome like ht In-Motion Satellite, Combo Washer/Dryer, put in the new stereo system, upgrade the engine, and upgrade the...you're right, it never ends. The only cure would be winning the lottery, then you wouldn't care how much I spent. :)

 
At 12:46 PM, August 24, 2005, Blogger Marie said...

Just be glad that you have that big house for all the gadgets and what nots. I only have a small apartment. I feel for you, but you did marry my brother knowing that he came from a long line of pack rats.

 
At 9:24 AM, August 26, 2005, Blogger Krit said...

This rat has broken from the pack. I so don't want that.

But I am hoping to get a new cell too- maybe today at lunch (ordering it off the computer). Not alot of great gadgets but should be better than what I've got and it will be cheaper ultimately per month and a whole lot cooler.

Speaking of gadgets, our wireless internet at home isn't what I had hoped. It is slow and takes forever- I'm being forced to get on blogs at work now. Oh well, I pretty much work through and I don't have many other distractions.

 
At 9:30 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Marie said...

Krit-make sure to get a cell phone that has a long battery life. HaHa
Also, it may not be the internet, it maybe the computer. Just a thought...

Bunny and NLP - Thanks for everything this weekend. And tell G-man, thank you for letting me sleep in is room and I am sorry that I ate his food. I will buy him more the next time I come in to town. :)

 
At 12:38 PM, August 30, 2005, Blogger Krit said...

Actually the wireless system is working great now- we had the tower "hidden" behind the metal desk and then we were wonderin' why the signal wasn't going through.

McRerun, this was a great post but come on- let's get workin' on a new one already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home